When you think of brownies, sweet potato is probably not the first thing that springs to mind.
But what if you could eat gooey, delicious, chocolatey brownies… and enjoy them guilt free? Could it be that these brownies are metabolically more advantageous to eat them than not to?
With only 3 ingredients containing a great a source of carbs, protein and healthy fats, and an outrageous amount of vitamins and minerals… it would be rude not to!
200g Sweet potato, peeled and chopped
100g natural peanut butter
25g cocoa powder
*optional 20g chocolate soy protein powder
- Boil a pan of water, enough to fully submerge the sweet potato. Add the chopped sweet potato and allow to boil until soft.
- Drain the sweet potato then add it back to the pan to mash thoroughly and then allow time to cool.
- Once cooled, add all other ingredients, and mix well.
- The mixture will become a doughy texture. I recommend wetting your hands and spreading out the dough evenly, using your hands, onto a pre lined baking tray. You roughly want around 1 inch of thickness.
- Throw it in a pre-heated oven at around 200 degrees.
- You want to keep an eye on these, the outer layer should become slightly crispy, but sill stay nice and fudgy on the inside.
- Most important step – ENJOY!